SOUTH AFRICA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATION
Manhattan Hotel Pretoria, South Africa
17 – 19 SEPTEMBER 2018
Theme: Rethinking Teaching and learning in the 21st Century
CALL FOR PAPERS
The South Africa International Conference on Education (SAICEd) is an international refereed conference that is dedicated to the advancement of the practices in education.
SAICEd 2018 is jointly organised by African Academic Research Forum under the auspices of Association of Academics and Researchers in Africa. The conference aims to offer a platform for academics and researchers from all over the world to deliberate, network and present a wide range of perspectives, scholarship, and expertise in the pursuit of excellence in education.
The SAICEd 2018 conference topics: Include, but are not limited to:
|Adult Education||Home Economics Education|
|Accounting Education||ICT Education|
|Biology (Life Science) Education||Indigenous knowledge Education|
|Business Education||Language Education|
|Chemistry education||Mathematics Education|
|Cross-disciplinary Education||Measurement and Evaluation|
|Curriculum Design||Mobile Applications and Learning|
|Distance Education||Music Education|
|Early Childhood Education||Natural Science Education|
|Economic and management Sciences education||Open and Distant Learning|
|Education Policy and Leadership||Physics Education|
|Education Practices, Trends and Issues||Policy Issues in Education|
|Educational Administration||Primary Education|
|Educational Games and Software||Psychology of Education|
|Educational Management||Religious Education|
|Educational Multimedia||Research Methodologies in Education|
|Educational Psychology||Science Education|
|Educational Technology||Social Studies Education|
|Elementary Education||Teacher Education|
|Environmental Education||Technical Education and Training|
|Ethical Issues in Education and Research||Technology Education|
|Geography Education||Technology Enhanced Learning|
|Health Education||Vocational Education and Training|
|Abstract/Full Paper Submission Deadline||30 June 2018|
|Final Paper (Camera-Ready) Submission Deadline||31 July 2018|
|Early Bird Registration and payment Deadline||31 July 2018|
|Late Registration and payment Deadline (for Authors)||10 August 2018|
|Conference Dates||17 – 19 September 2018|
Maximum of two papers will be accepted per author
Venue: Manhattan Hotel Pretoria, South Africa
- Prof A. Mji, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
- Prof G.O.M. Onwu, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Prof J. O. Uhomoibhi, University of Ulster, Ireland
- Dr David Kabugo, Makerere University, Uganda
- Dr Olubukola Dada, Kwara State University, Nigeria
- Jose Maria del Campo, Technical University of Madrid, Spain
- Prof L.D. Mogari, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Dr B.B. Chitsamatanga, University of Fort Hare, South Africa
- Dr Gladys Charles-Ogan, University of Port Harcourt Nigeria
- Dr M. P. Rankhumise, Tshwane University of technology, South Africa
- Mr. Jonatan Muzangwa, Great Zimbabwe University, Zimbabwe
- Dr F. O. Nkire, Abia State University, Nigeria
- Dr E.H.Mbozi, University of Zambia
- Dr D. Nwaozuzu, Coventry University, UK
- Danbaba Magana Na-Allah, Federal College of Education Gusau, Nigeria
- Prof Zephrinus Njoku, University of Nigeria
- Prof CE Ochonogor, Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Dr Chrysoula Argyris Dimitriou, Ministry of Education Cyprus
PAPER SUBMISSION FORMAT
All papers must be submitted and presented in English and be sent in MS word format
Abstracts and papers can be submitted online www.aa-rf.org/saiced2018-abstract-paper-submission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission format
The abstract should provide a summary of the paper in maximum of 500 words. It should include the name of the author(s), the institutional/organization affiliation(s), and the email address(es) of the author(s).
Please indicate at end of the abstract the type of presentation (Oral or Poster) that you wish to give at the conference.
Full Paper Submission Format
Page size: A4 (29.7 × 21.0 cm)
Margins: 2.54 cm on all sides.
Font type: Times New Roman
Line space: Single.
Word Limit: The paper should be maximum of 12 pages (about 4,500 words) in length (including references, tables, graphs, and figures). Extra pages will be charged at $50 per page.
Title: Centered, 14 point sizes, Bold
Authors, affiliation: Centered, 12 point sizes, italic, superscripts of different affiliation (1, 2, …)
Main text: Times New Roman, 12 point sizes.
The paper should include but not limited to the following:
- Introduction/background including the problem, Purpose/objectives of the paper, review of literature.
- Conceptual/theoretical framework
- Methods/ techniques – research design, population of study, study sample, instruments, data analyses techniques.
- Discussion of findings, Conclusion and recommendations
- References (APA style).
FORMAT OF PRESENTATIONS
Presentations will either be oral or in poster form.
Oral presentation will consist of three presentations in a 60 minute session.
PAPER REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE POLICY
SAICEd 2018 welcomes papers on any of the areas listed above. The abstract will be reviewed by experts in the field to determine their suitability for presentation at the conference. Full papers will be subjected to double blind reviews and based on the reviewers comments the editorial board will take a decision to accepted the paper or not. All accepted full papers will be published in the conference proceedings which will be issued at the conference.
If you have any inquiriesor need further information please send us an email: saiced2018@aa‑rf.org or call +27 737208026 or visit our website: www.aa‑rf.org/saiced2018
The conference will offer Academic writing workshops and two informative and stimulating keynote sessions by reputable scholars in education
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES:
Registration is per participant and covers all conference materials – programme, book of abstract, proceedings, Publication of one Paper, teas, lunches, and admission to all conference programmes.
Participants may book their accommodation directly with the hotel using the accommodation links on the website.
If you have any inquiries or need further information please send us an email: saiced2018@aa‑rf.org or visit our website: www.aa-rf.org